Big changes are coming to Pakistan’s courts, all because of Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah. He is set to become the Next Chief Justice of Pakistan. He will take his oath on 5 August 2025. He will be in charge for three years and three months. The current Chief Justice of Pakistan is Justice Faez Isa. These are all the Chief Justice of Pakistan and the date when they took the oath:
● Sir Mian Abdul Rasheed (27 June 1949)
● Muhammad Munir (29 June 1954)
● Muhammad Shahabuddin (3 May 1960)
● A.R. Cornelius (13 May 1960)
● S.A Rehman (1 March 1968)
● Fazal Akbar (4 June 1968)
● Hamoodur Rahman (18 November 1968)
● Yaqub Ali (1 November 1975)
● Sheikh Anwarul Haq (23 September 1977)
● Muhammad Haleem (23 March 1981)
● Afzal zullah (1 January 1990)
● Nasim Hasan Shah (17 April 1993)
● Syed Sajjad Ali Shah ( 5 June 1994)
● Ajmal Mian (27 December 1997)
● Saeeduzzaman Siddiqui (1 July 1999)
● Irshad Hasan Khan (26 January 2000)
● Bashir Jehangiri (7 January 2002)
● Sheikh Riaz Ahmad (1 February 2002)
● Nazim Hussain Siddiqui (31 December 2003)
● Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry (29 June 2005)
● Tassaduq Hussain Jillani (12 December 2013)
● Nasir-ul-Mulk (7 July 2014)
● Jawwad S. Khawaja (17 August 2015)
● Anwar Zaheer Jamali (10 September 2015)
● Mian Saqib Nisar (31 December 2016)
● Asif Saeed Khan Khosa (18 January 2019)
● Gulzar Ahmed (21 December 2019)
● Umar Ata Bandial (2 February 2022)
● Qazi Faez Isa (17 September 2023)
These are all the Chief Justices of Pakistan.
Who is Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah?
Syed Mansoor Ali Shah born on 28 November 1962, is a Pakistani jurist. He has served the Supreme Court of Pakistan as Chief Justice. Shah was born in Peshawar Pakistan, and got his education from Atchison College, University of Punjab, and Downing College, Cambridge.
Vision and special Interests
Justice Shah was selected to the bench at the Lahore High Court in 2009 after he served as the chief justice of the Lahore High Court for two years. He was selected for the supreme court of Pakistan in 2018. His areas of special interest are constitutional law, Human rights, water justice, climate, Environmental sustainability, disability rights, criminology, digital surveillance, proportionality, and privacy.
He also underlines the need for Information technology (IT), Artificial intelligence, and Video linking.
As the next Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Mansoor Ali Shah has big ideas for what is next.
Being the next Chief Justice of Pakistan he has a lot of challenges to face. Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah will have to work on fixing some things in the legal system of Pakistan.
In conclusion, as the next chief justice of Pakistan, Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah has a lot of responsibilities as well as challenges. He is all set to lead the legal system of Pakistan, it is a big job with big responsibilities and it is going to be interesting what he will do to make the legal system of Pakistan better.
If you want to read about the final of Asia Cup 2023 you can read about it here.